Tuesday, November 3, 2015

She is still with us

Justice always believed in the paranormal. One of her favorite pass times was to watch scary movies. Every scary movie she could get her hands on. Few of them scared her, but being the adrenaline junkie that she was, they fed her energy for a few hours.

Recently a story was told to her about an event this summer following a family members death. In this story, the family was home and one person arrived. He closed the door behind him as he entered. The front door popped open. Which apparently never happens. He walked back over to close it, walked away and the door opened again. The comment was made that "there goes Larry and Leona". They were the two members of the home, together since they were preteens and married for their lifetimes. She passed away 3 years ago from cancer and Larry had just passed away from cancer as well. 

While this story isn't relevant to my notes, I want you to know that Justice was extremely moved by it. It made her cry each time she shared it and even played a part in her going back to church recently. Even though she wasn't witness to it, she was moved enough to share it at Larry's memorial service. My girl feared talking in front of a crowd, but she stood up and shared this in front of 100+ people.

So now, three weeks have passed since my baby left her earthly form. And I am left to gather new stories of her, in their paranormal form. Because of these shared experiences, I know that 

She is still with us.


  • On the night of her death, she came to Carlos in a dream. He said it "was like old times and I woke up so happy. But then you called that morning to tell me she had passed away the night before."
  • Mahalia says that she, her mother and her grandmother had 'the curse'. She said that they could all see dead people. She awoke a few nights after your death with you staring at her face. Looking right in her eyes, you said "pray for me". 
  • Randall awoke one night and said he saw you sitting on the edge of his bed wearing a white hoodie. The hat pulled around your head you said "I love you."
  • Mike was sleeping and heard you yell "MOM!" like you were still in your room. He said that it was loud enough to wake him. 
  • Our hairdresser, Lauren, is very close to God. She speaks to him throughout the day and is filled with Christ's love. When I was at the funeral home, I text her and asked if she would do your hair for the funeral. She said she would be honored, but I was the one who was honored. This was probably the toughest things I could ask anyone to do for you. To be with you, before you were ready to be seen. I couldn't do it, I was amazed that she agreed. Lauren knew this would be tough for her too. But she prayed and prayed and promised me that if she couldn't do it, she'd call me that Friday. She and I talked a few days before she was going to the funeral home and she shared this story with me. Lauren's daughter Shayla had been on Netflix watch Good Luck Charlie. They had an errand to run and left the house. When they returned, they were in the kitchen and started hearing the laptop playing. Shayla had not been to the device since their return home. When Lauren went over to the laptop to see why it had turned on unexpectedly, she said "Christine, you will never guess what show was playing. Christine, it was Justice League". She was floored, but knew that that was your way of asking her to do your hair and makeup.
  • Raven was upstairs in my bathroom getting ready and Towanda and Heather arrived at the house to ride to the candlelight vigil for you. I was outside greeting them and my phone rang. It was Raven. I said "why is she calling me? She's right up stairs!" and laughed. When I said hello, I had to repeat myself a few times. I laughed again and said "Raven, you butt dialed me." When Heather, Towanda and I went back in the house, Raven was just coming from upstairs. Her phone was by the kitchen sink and had in fact, called me. 
  • I was on the phone within the first few days and had a few glitches of noise through the phone that we don't normally get. 
  • Eileen went to pick up her phone from the counter and your picture was on the screen. Not a picture she'd recently viewed, but one from about 2 years ago that would have been buried in her photo albums. 
  • I woke up about 3 days after your accident and my phone was on a screen through the Onstar app. We have 2 cars listed on there. The screen was on the page for "J's Sonic". 
  • Ashley said that her mom asked her to get ready to go somewhere. They have a makeup mirror that sits on the table. It suddenly fell over and broke on the floor. 
  • Ashley was at Walgreens. As she swiped her debit card, the machine turned off and all the lights in the store dimmed. The cashier says, "that never happens, swipe again." Ashley asked her if it was going to charge her card twice. The lady said that the transaction hadn't gone through. So Ashley swiped her card. Again, the machine dimmed and all the lights in the store went down. She knew it was you.
  • Arius came upstairs the other night and asked what I wanted. I told him nothing, why? He said because I had just called him. I assured him I hadn't. He asked Mike, who also had not called him. He said "someone called my name mom, was it you?" I told him no again. He said "I was sitting at the kitchen table and I heard someone say "Arius" in my right ear, like it was coming from the living room." I made sure he knew it was you. About an hour or two later, Mike came into Arius's room as I was tucking him in. He said 'you called?' I looked at him strangely and said 'no'. He said "oh, it sounded like you called my name". I told him "um, no, we weren't even talking."
  • Manny said that he talked to you and you said you were okay.
  • Your Nanny has had the most interaction with you. You loved and trusted her like no other person in your life, so I can see why you're reaching out to her the most. The night after you died, she prayed. She prayed to God to let her speak with you. And he did. Nanny said that she had a conversation with you that was as clear as if you were standing in the room. She told me that you said "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do it." Nanny said "I know, but you heart your momma so bad." You said "Tell her I love her so very much." Nanny said "And you left your brother all alone." You said "I'll always watch over him Nanny. But I'm okay and I'm happy now." Nanny also mentioned that you said to "make my funeral the bomb". And while she didn't understand it, and we kind of laughed, she would have had no way of knowing that on my whiteboard at work, the last time you were there, you wrote "You're the bomb" and dated it with a drawing of a bomb.
  • Nanny also had an incident that really freaked her out. She was researching Intermittent Explosive Disorder and found a page on LiveScience.com about Explosive Anger in Teens. She wanted to see if it could cause you to black out, which it can. When she hit the back button, she noticed something on the screen. She went to the previous page one more time and hit Back again. In the top left corner, by itself, with no ads, was your name via your company Logo "Justice". And she swears she heard you say "that's me."
Writing this on November 3rd, I intend on editing this blog as we keep having our Strange occurrences.  To us, they're not strange at all. We know you love us. Just keep them coming! We miss you!

Love, Mom


Additions since original Post

  • Anthony was night fishing at Anclote Pier. Using my advice, he spoke out loud to you. He felt terrible for not coming to your funeral, but just couldn't face it. He really needed your comfort. As he talked with you, he felt an overwhelming calm while he was asking for a sign. As the calm came over him, his fishing line started zinging. He knew it was your way of telling him you were there. And he had a huge smile on his face, he said. He knew it was you.
  • Emily and Brian's daughter Megan got really upset one night this week. She had gone to bed and came out crying, upset about you. Emily and her talked for a while about you and Megan went to bed. The next afternoon, Emily said there was a double rainbow. It was so big and bright. She called the whole family out to see it. While they were looking at it, Megan went to check the mail. In the mail was a catalog from Justice. Little Meggie said that that was Justice telling her not to be sad, that it would be ok. 
  • Cheryl wrote me and said "The day we found out about Justice, Keara had pulled up her Twitter page and we were looking at pics of Justice. After browsing through the pics and videos on there for a while, I decided that I was going to change my cover photo on FB to a picture of Justice. I went to my FB page and hit the browse button to upload a pic I already had, and whn my pics opened there was an entire file on there with all of the pics off Justice's Twitter page. All the pics on her account were downloaded on my laptop in a single file. Now I might have mistaken this if it was my old laptop, but this is a new laptop and I don't have much saved on it. However, I knew I didn't download any pics from Twitter....yet there they all were. And when I say all....I mean every damn emoji that she used was there too. It took me an hour to delete all the emojis and have just photos left. I remember at the time thinking it was a little weird. Now I guess it was just J letting us know she was there."

  • Ashley's mom scheduled a last minute cruise for her for Ashley's birthday this past week. They went to jump into the water from a concrete ledge and spotted on the side of the ledge, that "And Justice" were spray painted on the wall. It was your way of wishing her Happy Birthday.
  • I am told that the swans that live in Lake Wilderness usually stay up on the other end of the lake. But during your memorial, they arrived near the beach and clubhouse. The lake was so still and calm and I hadn't seen them yet. As I threw my petals in, a large swan flew around the bend and across the edge of the water. It was really beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment